Service Contracts and Rate Structures Types of Electricity Supplied

Chubu Electric Power supplies two types of electricity: one for residential use and one for industrial use. There are even more divisions depending on the way the electricity is used and the particular demands of the contract. The electric power usually used for home lighting and appliances such as televisions is called "Meter Rate Lighting".

Meter Rate Lighting

This contract is generally applied to residential use, and is classified by a customer's maximum current measured by ampere. (The basic charge of your electricity bill differs according to your "contract current", which determines the maximum electric current available.) You can easily determine your contract current by the color of your breaker switch with a string (or the surrounding cover.) When you'd like to change your contract current, we'll install a new breaker for free.

A diagram of the relationship between maximum ampare and the color of an amperage breaker