Key Point of President's Regular Press Conference
Key Point of President's Regular Press Conference
July 2019 Regular Press Conference : President Katsuno's Message
July 31, 2019
Chubu Electric Power Co.,Inc.
- I will be discussing the following matters today:
- New corporate branding after the split
New corporate branding after the split
- Our management vision expresses our commitment not only to excelling in the energy business but also to providing a new form of community that connects customers and society, thereby creating new value.
- In order to fulfill this management vision with strong commitment and determination, we are implementing a new business model that separates power generation from power retail operations. We are pleased to announce new corporate branding to be adopted after the upcoming company split.
- First of all, let me talk about company names.
- Chubu Electric Power has evolved together with the people of the Chubu region for about 70 years since establishment. The name, Chubu Electric Power, is an invaluable brand nurtured by our customers.
- For this reason, the holding company will inherit the name, “Chubu Electric Power Co., Ltd.” while its business companies will retain reference to “Chubu Electric Power” in their respective names.
- The transmission and distribution company will be called “Chubu Electric Power Grid Co., Ltd.”
- The biggest mission of the transmission and distribution company is to ensure stable electricity supply. To this end, it is essential to constantly maintain a sound supply-demand balance for electricity, and achieve a stable operation of the power transmission and distribution network.
- This is why the name includes the word “Power,” which means electricity and its supply-and-demand, and the word “Grid,” which signifies a network of electricity transmission and distribution. The name clearly depicts functions expected of the transmission and distribution business.
- The retail electricity company will be called “Chubu Electric Power Miraizu, Co., Ltd.”
- Behind the name lies our wish to work with customers in exploring and actualizing our “Miraizu” or “roadmap for the future” and evolving with them as a company that supports their living and society in general beyond the scope of energy business.
- Next, let me talk about our company logos.
- Chubu Electric Power and Chubu Electric Power Miraizu will share the same logo based on our commitment to working closely together even after the split to meet the expectations of our customers and society.
- The logo uses the shape of Japan as a motif, and highlights a white rectangular space at the center as a symbol of the Chubu region. The design reflects our desire to connect “people to people” and “humans to society” to create new value, and spread it to the rest of Japan and the world like beaming rays of light.
- The logo for Chubu Electric Power Grid uses the letter “C,” the initial for “Chubu,” as a motif, and positions the aforementioned rectangular space symbolizing the Chubu region at the top right shoulder of the letter “C” as if it is jumping out. The design reflects our desire to work with the people of the Chubu region to grow together through stable supply of energy.
- Now, as for our corporate slogan…
- The corporate slogan will be “Musubu, Hiraku (Close, Open).”
- Amidst major transformation of lifestyles and social structures, Chubu Electric Power taps into its sense of mission, technological capability and innovative abilities, fostered through its energy business, to connect people to people, humans to society and technologies to technologies to explore human potential and pioneer the future. Our new corporate slogan expresses this sentiment in a plain expression that is easy to understand.
- By using Hiragana characters, the phrase can encompass various meanings so that each employee could use the slogan in a variety of situations with diverse sensitivity.
- As explained, in the new corporate branding, both the holding company and business companies maintains the phrase “Chubu Electric Power” in their names and use the same color scheme for their logos.
- This represents our commitment to bringing together our collective strength even after the split to deliver services that go far and beyond customers’ expectations.
- The split will change Chubu Electric Power’s corporate structure, but will never alter our mission of delivering ecologically-considerate high-quality energy to our customers safely, affordably and stably.
- Even after the split, all of our business operations will work together for supply stability, thereby fulfilling our “unflagging mission.” At the same time, we will transcend the framework of energy supply to continue striving for “creating new value,” thereby achieving sustainable growth and emerging as an “irreplaceable presence” for customers and local communities alike much more so than ever before.
- This ends my presentation.