Treatment of Personal Information
April 30, 2009
Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc.
(1) Applicable Scope
(2) Priority of Special Items
2. Treatment of Personal Information
(1) Definition of Personal Information
(2) Purpose of Utilizing Personal Information
In the event the Company receives Chubu Electric ID registrations, requests for documents, mail magazine applications or enquiries, etc., the Company shall request personal information from customers only when it is necessary for the provision of services on Websites. Personal information acquired from customers shall be used within the scope of utilization for appropriately and efficiently performing the business of the Company.
(3) Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Personal information shall not be provided to third parties except in the following circumstances.
- In the event approval has been obtained from the relevant person
- In the event it is necessary for the protection of life, persons or property and approval from the relevant person is difficult to obtain
- In the event personal information is provided to outsourcees within the necessary scope to achieve the purpose of utilization
- In the event the provision or disclosure of personal information to third parties is permitted by law
(4) Safe Management of Personal Information
The Company shall make efforts to safely manage personal information acquired from customers and implement necessary and appropriate safety management measures in order to prevent the leak, loss or damage, etc., of such personal information.
Upon the acquisition of personal information, the Company shall implement SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption or other equivalent security technology and ensure safety in order to prevent unauthorized access by third parties.
In addition, the Company shall formulate internal regulations regarding the protection of personal information, appoint a personal information protection manager and conduct internal education regarding the treatment of personal information for executives and employees in order to appropriately protect personal information. Furthermore, internal inspections of the implementation of the protection of personal information shall be performed.
(5) Disclosure, Corrections, Deletions and Utilization Suspensions, etc., of Personal Information
In the event a customer requests personal information to be disclosed, corrected, deleted or suspended, the Company shall perform such actions without delay pursuant to law and following verification of the application received from the relevant person.
Please refer to the personal information disclosure, etc., request procedures for the relevant procedures for disclosing, correcting, deleting and suspending, etc., personal information.
3. Utilization of SSL
As a general rule, communication content in forms used on Websites to acquire personal information from customers shall be encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption method in order to prevent unauthorized interceptions by third parties.
5. Acquisition of Access Logs
(1) Acquisition of Logs
Websites shall record information regarding matters such as the content viewed on Websites by customers or which websites have accessed Websites in the form of access logs. Such information collection and analysis processes are performed for the purpose of improving the convenience of Websites without identifying individual customers.
(2) Utilization of Web Beacons
Some web pages on Websites utilize "Web Beacon" (also referred to as "Clear Gif") technology in order to ascertain the number of times a certain web page has been accessed. The statistical data acquired from Web Beacons is used for the purpose of improving Websites.
6. Treatment of Links on Websites
7. Legal Compliance
The Company shall comply with the laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information in regard to the treatment of personal information acquired from customers.