Start of Public Recruitment for Research into Nuclear Power
November 26, 2020
Chubu Electric Power Co.,Inc.
To further enhance the safety of the Hamaoka Nuclear Power Station and to improve the station's administration, the Chubu Electric Power Station has been inviting a wide range of topics for research by public call (*1).
We compiled an overview of research by public call set to start in FY2021, and will begin accepting applications on December 01.
[Overview of Public Recruitment ]
1 Recruitment Eligibility
(1) Researchers engaged in scientific and technological research at nationwide universities and public research institutes who are researchers or research group leaders capable of performing research into the fields of research listed in 2.
(2) Companies with their head office or branch office (business establishment) located in Shizuoka Prefecture that are capable of performing research into the fields of research listed in 2.
2 Fields of Research Involved in Public Recruitment
(1) Basic research that will contribute to future nuclear power technology.
(2) Research that will contribute to improving the safety of nuclear power stations.
(3) Research that will contribute to improving the decommissioning of reactors No. 1 and 2 at the Hamaoka Nuclear Power Station.
(4) Research that will contribute to improving the maintenance and operability of reactors No. 3, 4 and 5 at the Hamaoka Nuclear Power Station.
3 Recruitment Period
December 01, 2020 to January 18, 2021(*2)
4 Research Period
Two years from commencement in fiscal 2021
5 Research Fee / Number of Research Projects
Restricted to 5 million yen annually per project, with a total of approximately 10 projects planned
6 Research Format
Joint research and sub-contracted research
7 Selection Method
An advisory committee consisting of persons of experience and academic standing from outside of the company will be established, and successful candidates will be selected during initial and secondary selection processes.
8 Research Presentations
The results of the selected research will be presented at the research presentation held by Chubu Electric Power in Omaezaki City.
(*1) Chubu Electric Power has been conducting research by public call from FY2013, and 2020 marks the ninth year for the initiative. The effort is intended for the Nuclear Power Safety Technology Research Center, established on the nuclear power station site, to discover wide-ranging technology from a new perspective based on research contributing to higher nuclear safety.
(*2) The recruitment period differs from that of the 2nd Recruitment for Research by Public Call on Specific Topics that began on November 16. (The application deadline for the 2nd Recruitment for Research by Public Call on Specific Topics is December 22.)