Operating Objectives for FY2012
March 27, 2012
Chubu Electric Power Co.,Inc.
Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc., has formulated FY2012 Operating Objectives that summarize the goals of its new management plan.
These Operating Objectives focus on measures that we believe the Chubu Electric Power Group should initiate in the face of recent changes in the operating environment, including the Great East Japan Earthquake, the incident at Tokyo Electric Power Company's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, and the suspension of operations of Chubu Electric's Hamaoka Nuclear Power Station.
We have formulated three important initiatives to enable us to continue as a Group to fulfill our mission as an electric utility ‒the stable supply of safe and low-cost energy to our customers ‒and we will expend every effort in their implementation.
In addition, we will continue to make consistent efforts to realize the vision of our company expressed in our Management Vision 2030.
[Three Important Initiatives]
1. Initiatives to further increase the safety of Hamaoka Nuclear Power Station
2. Initiatives to ensure a stable supply of power
3. Initiatives for the realization of greater operating efficiency
[Initiatives towards becoming the company we strive to be]
1. Promoting renewable energy
2. Enhancing stability, economy and flexibility in fuel procurement
3. Creating a next-generation network
4. Becoming the "top corporate group in energy services"
5. Implementing initiatives to enable continuation of business in the event of a large-scale disaster
In addition to realizing its mission as an electric utility, the Chubu Electric Power Group will continue to fulfill its social responsibility as a good corporate citizen, delivering "assurance." In doing so, we will respond to the trust and high expectations of our customers, members of the community, shareholders, investors, business partners, and everyone else with whom we are involved.