Transfer of Assets (Two Power Stations) from the Hydroelectric Power Business of the Mie Prefecture Public Utilities Agency to Chubu Electric Power
April 01, 2013
Chubu Electric Power Co.,Inc.
Mie Prefecture today (April 01) transferred the Shorenji and Hinachi Hydroelectric Power Stations to Chubu Electric Power Co., Ltd.
Chubu Electric Power reached an agreement with Mie Prefecture concerning the transfer of assets held by the Hydroelectric Power Business of the Mie Prefecture Public Utilities Agency in August 2011. Under the terms of this agreement, 10 hydroelectric power stations and two dams will be transferred to the company in stages over a period of three years. (Reported on August 02, 2011 and July 12, 2012.)
The present transfer of two power stations represents the first stage of the transfer based on the agreement.
Chubu Electric Power will continue to work to effectively utilize hydroelectric power as a renewable energy resource.
Transfer of Assets of Hydroelectric Power Business of Mie Prefecture Public Utilities Agency (Overview)
(1) Facilities to be transferred: 10 hydroelectric power stations and 2 dams (As shown in the table below)
(2) Date of transfer: In three stages, on April 01. 2013, April 01, 2014, and April 01, 2015 (As shown in the table below)
(3) Purchase price: 10.5 billion yen (not including figures for consumption tax and regional consumption tax)
1. Hydroelectric power stations to be transferred
2. Dams to be transferred
3. Location of power stations