FY2013 Operating Objectives
March 26, 2013
Chubu Electric Power Co.,Inc.
This is to announce that Chubu Electric Power has established its FY2013 "Operating Objectives," which summarizes our new management plans.
Chubu Electric Power continues to face extremely challenging conditions, including a reduction in our supply capacity due to the suspension of operations at Hamaoka Nuclear Power Station and poorer profitability because of rising fuel costs. However, we continue to put every effort into our "Three Key Initiatives."
We are additionally steadily pursuing initiatives to achieve "What We Aim For" as described in "Management Vision 2030," while being mindful of changes in the business environment.
[Three Key Initiatives]
1. Initiative to further enhance safety of Hamaoka Nuclear Power Station
2. Initiative for stable supply of electric power
3. Initiative for management efficiency
[Initiatives for achieving "What We Aim For"]
1. Becoming the top corporate group in energy services
2. Enhancing stability, economy and flexibility in fuel procurement
3. Actively implementing high-efficiency combined-cycle generation
4. Promoting renewable energy
5. Initiative for business continuity in the event of a major earthquake, etc.
Chubu Electric Power will continue to fulfill its mission as an electric utility. At the same time, we will fulfill our social responsibility as a good corporate citizen that gives people peace of mind, by listening sincerely to our customers and local communities and responding to their expectations and trust.